Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Before and After: X-Rays, Fever and Nightmare and Brad Pitt



As you can see, my jaw is drastically altered creating a much larger air way down my throat which should end my sleep apnea. I am very excited about this.

Last night was a hard night because I had a fever and layed in a pile of sweat last night never really getting to sleep until about 4am I'm guessing. I had to constantly get up and pee for a long time as well. I am assuming that this was my body's way of ridding itself of the anesthesia that I had running through me as a result of the nose surgery. In my feverish state I had a nightmare:

I was in a big bed with Brad Pitt laying to my left. My neighbor who had failed sleep apnea surgery of another kind, was foot to foot with Brad and across from me, next to him was my friends 4 year old daughter. When I awoke (in the dream) my neighbor told me that I still had my sleep apnea as I snored. I was really depressed after that.

By the way, I wanted to say that I was not really put under all the way during my corrective nose surgery and I felt and heard everything. I wasn't in pain but I felt and heard the cutting of my septum. It didn't scare me because Dr. Li had gone over the surgery so many times with me, I was ready for it.

P.S. the top pic is of my mouth wired (rubberbanded) shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment