Saturday, May 30, 2009

I don't look like myself



I don't really recognize my face. I am kind of disappointed because I don't think I look very natural. I'm kind of lopsided and I am not sure if I will look much better when the swelling goes down. Yesterday I had the arch bars taken off so my mouth isn't wired shut anymore. Dr. Li said that I can chew normally in 6 months but I can eat soft foods such as over cooked pasta and fish. He also made it clear that he wants his patients to be happy and he would consider doing more surgery on my chin if I think it is too long. I am upset that I feel like a freak because my face seems narrower and longer than before. And the cuteness of my flat nose doesn't look as good now that my big lips are shrinking. I can accept looking quirky and I am happy with some aspects like my profile. Last night I slept with my mouth open and woke up with a very dry mouth. I hope I did not snore now that my mouth is not wired shut. I wore glasses for my "Aunt Connie" character 2 nights ago for my "Ookie Cookie" movie premiere. They dug deep into the bridge of my nose leaving a hole which luckily faded after about 12 hours. Dr. Li said it will harden up eventually. I feel like face transplant lady a bit. The face pic above is highly touched up. It is for the badge I will wear at the Frameline film festival towards the end of June in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment